Seasonal Eating to Thrive Retreat – Winter / Aptos
Nature has a plan, why reinvent the wheel?
"Barbie’s seasonal eating retreat with Community Cuisine was off the charts amazing. Everything about the retreat from start to finish exceeded my expectations. Eating to feed your body and soul and the concept of eating to heal your body is completely transformative. I’ve heard some of the things we learned before but it is so hard to sustain new habits. It truly was like parting the red sea. I feel like I can now do this on my own. I can feed myself and my family good tasting nutritious food without spending all day in the kitchen." ~ML
In addition to learning the value of eating seasonally, we'll focus on the four “P's”:
- Spring, when chicks are hatching, baby plants are sprouting and the weather is warming is the perfect time for reenergizing. Working with our simple Community Cuisine Planning System will put together a month’s worth of menus. We’ll cover tools that will work for varying personality types and phases of life.
- We’ll include strategies and lists for shopping the best sources for clean, healthy, seasonal foods.
- We’ll combine quality ingredients and seasonal foods that have not been in storage or traveled the globe and are full of nutrients. Those nutrients equal flavor!
- We’ll cover do-ahead prep techniques that are help you do “dinner a 30” while also being nutrient dense.
- We’ll practice these techniques in three cooking classes.
- We’ll cook together, experiment together and taste together.
- And then we'll dine together!
- Two nights and exclusive use of the historic Sand Rock Farm Bed and Breakfast with late check-out
- We’ll have an intimate group of like minded people with a shared goal
- All meals - Friday dinner through Sunday brunch prepared by you (in class) with Barbie
- Three cooking classes taught by Barbie Aknin ($310 value)
- Education, discussion, and planning time with Barbie and Caprice to help make your desired lifestyle changes a breeze
- A working binder with seasonal recipes, Community Cuisine Planning System planning forms, sourcing list, recipes, tips and tools
- Includes an emailed PDF version.
- A trip to the Santa Cruz farmers market to meet with vendors and purchase supplies for dinner
- Time to relax and enjoy the inn
- Monthly follow up calls and support with Barbie or Caprice
- Community Cuisine’s private Facebook group where we can share triumphs, questions, recipes and ideas
- End of the season celebration cooking class and dinner in San Jose. Date TBD ($95 value)
- 15% off all cooking classes taught by Barbie Aknin. Good April through June
- A 10% discount on following Seasonal Eating to Thrive Retreat through 2018
We’ll have exclusive use of the historic Sand Rock Farm Bed and Breakfast which is tucked beneath giant California Redwoods on ten private acres. It was originally a 1000-acre ranch and winery built in the 1880's and is conveniently located right off Highway 1, towards the mountains and close to Aptos. We can wander paths and enjoy the lush landscaping and many fountains. All rooms feature jacuzzi tubs, natural amenities, robes, WiFi and cable tv.