Arugula, Fennel, and Preserved Lemon Salad Serves 6
- 3 fennel bulbs
- sea salt
- 6 Tbls. good quality EVOO
- 2 Tbls. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbls. rinsed and minced Moroccan salt-preserved lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. fresh black pepper
- 2 bunches or 1 bag arugula, stems trimmed and washed
Trim ends of the fennel with a sharp knife and reserve some fronds. Cut the fennel in half through the core. Remove the core. With the flat side down, slice/shave the fennel as finely as possible. Place in a bowl, liberally salt. Allow to sit for 20-30 minutes.
Whisk the 6 Tbls. EVOO, lemon juice, preserved lemons, minced garlic, and pepper.
Rinse salted fennel well and pat dry with paper towels. Toss with the dressing and arugula. Coarsely chop some fennel fronds and garnish the salad.