- 6 pears (firm but not hard), quartered and seeds removed but stems left on
- 2 Tbls. honey mixed
- 1/2 tsp. cardamon mixed with 1 Tbls. sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded halvah (sesame seed “candy” found in Mediterranean markets)
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted chopped walnuts, sliced or slivered almonds or pistachios
- 1 Tbls. toasted sesame seeds (black seeds if possible)
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 1 Tbls. powdered sugar
Place the fruit on a baking dish that is large enough to give them a little room. They should not be squished together. Drizzle with honey and let sit on the counter for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 425°.
Sprinkle with cardamon-sugar mixture and roast the fruit for 10 to 15 minutes or until coked through when pierced with a knife. They should be slightly colored and not mushy.
Whip the crème fraîche and powdered sugar just until soft peeks form.
Divide the cooked pears among individual dishes and spoon remaining juices left in the baking dish over pears.
Place a dollop of crème fraîche on each serving.
Garnish with the shredded halvah, nuts and sesame seeds.
Homemade Crème Fraîche:
Combine 1 cup whipping cream and 2 tablespoons buttermilk in a glass container. Cover with a towel or cheese cloth and let stand at room temperature (about 70°F) from 8 to 24 hours, or until very thick. Stir well before covering and refrigerate up to 10 days.